Terrorism is Not Marvelous
Apparently last night in London something like 20 arrests were made in connection with a terrorist airplane bombing plot. They were planning on exploding several trans-Atlantic flights from Heathrow to the US using liquid chemical bombs that are undetectable under normal circumstances. They just wanted to take out a bunch of lives. Heathrow is totally shut down - no flights at all in or out and other airports are operating under severely restricted conditions.
We heard about it this morning on the way to deliver Steve to work. I started wondering if something was amiss when the DJ on the radio station we listen to was talking about "dancing against terrorism" at 9 a.m. He tends to look at things with tongue firmly in cheek. His plan was to play Kenny Loggins' "Footloose" at 9 a.m. to encourage people across the UK to dance against the "ridiculous plot" and to show terrorists they mean nothing to us. Caleb and I danced in the car after we dropped off Steve.
Other than that, things are normal here. Audrey is at school, Julie is fed, Caleb is watching "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and I'm about to start picking up the downstairs. I've got a load in the washer - we put it in an hour ago and I think it's still going, but I'm getting used to it. I don't know what I'm going to do when we get home and I can do a load - wash and dry - in just over an hour. It's going to feel like heaven! I need to also get out to the van and do some tidying up in there - both kids lost little parts of their Lego people that we got for them yesterday. Caleb lost his Batman's mask and Audrey lost her princess's hair. Both pieces are small enough to fit on the end of my little finger. Probably even a little smaller. Plus Caleb dumped a paper plate with glitter on it in the back and I need to probably vacuum that up, too.
Just wanted to update you about the terrorist stuff and my little part to defeat it by dancing.
3 comments:
Glad to hear all is well there and you did your part in dancing. Woke up this morning, heard the news and came right to the PC to see if you had anything to say on this.
Yea I have my home browser page set to BBC so when I get in to work I see what is happen over there.
Sobering that is for sure. Footloose you say...well I hate to admit it but that is one song and movie that had me pulling a Kevin Bacon in the mid-80's. :) I couldn't do the men's high bar thingo though. ;)
Haha... of all the things to irritate terrorists, I think he picked the perfect one. I shall do a dance as well. :)
Post a Comment