Friday, February 29, 2008

Feeling a Bit Shaky

I worked out today with 2 DVDs I bought Monday. I was at the pharmacy in the grocery store and saw a display for $1.00 workout DVDs. I picked out 3 dance videos and 3 workout videos (nothing name brand, obviously, for $1) and was pleasantly surprised when they rang up for 50 cents with my store loyalty card. So I got 6 DVDs for 3 bucks.

Anyway, I did the lower body workout this morning and my legs are still feeling wobbly. It was 1-minute sets of different things like squats, lunges, crunches, etc. I think I need to go have a glass of milk and a banana. And I need to boil some eggs for breakfasts. I grabbed a dozen eggs at the store this afternoon on my shopping run, thinking we were almost out, only to discover when I got home that we have 14 eggs already. So I'll boil the older dozen to keep for a protein boost each morning.

This week I've had a first - I've actually recorded EVERYTHING that has gone in my mouth, and much to my chagrin, I'm over my weekly extra points by 1.5. I get 24 points each day and 35 extras to spread out during the week like I want. Wednesday killed me. Pizza Hut for lunch to use Caleb's Book It coupon (free personal pan pizza because he read over 400 minutes in January) then tacos for dinner at church. Yikes. This is even with the extra points I got back for walking my 3-mile loop that morning. I'm glad I did that much, at least.

So yesterday I had to hold myself very accountable for everything I ate. I managed to come in 1 point under. I used my 24 points plus 1 of the 2 I got for my pedometer steps. Since the weather is getting nicer, it's getting easier to walk. In fact, I think I'm going to sign off now, have that milk/banana snack and then go outside and do a bit of yard work before it gets chilly again.

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, Girl. You inspire many of us with your long term commitment!

Liz said...

April, you rock my face off. Just so you know.